Uniden BCD396T Trunking Scanner
Works Like New
Latest Firmware Just Installed
Very Easy To Program (Instructions Included)
I Will Ship THE Day I Receive Payment, If Before 5PM
This is easily one of the very best handheld scanners on the market. It boasts a 6000 Channel capacity, as well
as Trunk Tracker IV technology, to give you access to all the current bands. Uniden will continue to provide free firmware updates
It can be programmed using FreeScan, a free, and very easy-to-use Windows program. I will include specific instructions to help you get started!
You can download FreeScan here: http://scannow.org/
Send me a message, and I can program any frequencies, or services you would like into it, before shipping. Otherwise it ships with the default settings.
It will ship with the unit, antenna, antenna adapter, and belt clip. Batteries are included.
The BCD396T Includes the Extremely Valuable CloseCall Recognition, to Tune into Near-By Broadcasts
I have used this scanner for almost a full year, and it just keeps getting better (Literally, the Latest Firmware I Put on is like a Brand New Scanner)
Specifications (from RadioReference, and Uniden)
- Groups per system: 20 maximum
- Talkgroups per trunked system: 200 maximum
- Scan Rate: 100 channels per second (conventional mode)
- System Quick Key range: 0-99
- Group Quick Key range: 0-9
- Preprogrammed Service Search Bands: 12
- (North American Model BCD396T)
- 1240.0000 - 1300.0000 MHz
- (Australia/New Zealand Model UBCD396T)
- 1240.0000 - 1300.0000 MHz
- Power requirements: 3 AA batteries, 6V DC, or 800mA AC adapter
- Many Car Adapters Also Work
- Rebanding supported? YES Currently available with version 3.00 firmware or better
- Adaptive Digital Threshold - Automatically sets the digital decode threshold for APCO 25 systems
- Supported step sizes: 5, 6.25, 7.5, 8.33, 10, 12.5,15, 20, 25, 50 or 100 kHz
- Scan and (selected) Service Search simultaneously
- Frequency/ID AutoStore - automatically store frequencies from a service or limit search into a conventional system or store talk group IDs into a trunked system
- 16 character text tagging for each system, group, channel, taklgroup, search range, and SAME group
- Compatible with BC-RH96 Remote Head
- 12 Service Searches - Public Safety, News, HAM Radio, Marine, Railroad, Air, CB Radio, FRS/GMRS, Racing, TV Broadcast, FM Broadcast, and Special (Itinerant)
- Custom Search — lets you program up to 10 search ranges
- Adjustable (0-5 sec) scan delay
- Adjustable Hold (scan duration 0-255 sec) per system, custom or service search
- Strong signal attenuation
- Independent Alert Tone Volume – lets you set the volume level of the following tones: Key Beep, Emergency Alert, Channel Alert, and Close Call Alert.
- Broadcast signal ignore while searching (TV and radio station frequencies, pagers, etc)
- Quick Recall – quickly navigates to a specific Channel by choosing the System, Group, and Channel.
- PC Programming and Control
RR System Compatibility
This scanner is compatible with the following Trunking System Types and System Voices used in the RadioReference Database, of course you must verify that the scanner will cover the appropriate frequency range:
- Motorola Type II Smartnet
- Motorola Type II Smartzone
- Motorola Type II Smartzone Omnilink
- EDACS Narrowband (Narrow)
- EDACS Narrowband Networked
- EDACS ESK (version 3.0 firmware or later required)
- Analog and APCO-25 Common Air Interface
- APCO-25 Common Air Interface Exclusive
I have set the price at $375. I do not need to sell this, I am only seeing if I can get what it is really worth.
With the latest firmware, and full accessories, this scanner is as good as new.